Tuesday, April 14, 2015

EOC : New Fragrance Brand

In designing my own line of Fragrance for Women, I am going to use market research skills to see what is popular in the latest scents and how to cater to a larger demographic of females. Top Selling fragrances for the year 2014 were of the following, Tory Burch original scent, Tom Ford Black orchid, Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia, Viktor & Rolf Flower bomb, and Elizabeth & James Nirvana White. The one comparison within all of these fragrances is that they all have floral, fruity, or vanilla notes in at least one of the three components of a perfume. Therefore, in my own line I will be launching I am going to include at least two of these notes in the composition. Some notes I have found to be very popular and that I would like to include are Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, and Powder. My fragrance product name will have to be feminine and depict the notes used. I want the color to represent me as a fashion forward individual and I want the packaging to be somewhat minimalistic. I will need to conduct a survey to get an idea on how launch my fragrance in an efficient manner.

Most fragrances come from major fashion lines. I am an aspiring fashion professional and would like to better understand how fashion appeal and scent appeal overlap. Some of the most popular fragrances in the world are not originated from scent connoisseurs. There is much learning and knowledge that needs to be completed before building and launching a new fragrance line. Perfumes are built in what is called a “Fragrance House”, which are companies that run two operations. They employ perfumers, who design and write the formulas for perfumes & analytical and synthetic chemists, who can analyze the molecules that make up a fragrance and build it from the ground up. Fragrance houses also operate warehouses to store thousands of perfume ingredients.
            The science behind fragrance and how it works is truly unique. Perfumes are composed of three separate components: top notes, heart notes, and base notes. Top notes are composed of the lightest molecules and they evaporate first. Top notes appear within the first fifteen minutes of applying. Heart notes appear after three to four hours. This is the composition that you will remember the most about a fragrance. Base Notes appear four to five hours after application. The Base of a fragrance is almost like the “fixative” to hold and boost the strength of the lighter top note and middle notes.
             

           My hypothesis for a fragrance will be something that represents a fashion forward individual that wants to embody a feminine scent with vanilla undertones. I will conduct a survey to determine if there is a need for this particular fragrance. I want to determine how my fragrance will do in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment