Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fragrance Project: Analysis of the Project in the Real World



Develop a vodka or fragrance brand that you will test market.
  • -blog title------>>>>>>   Fragrance Project: Analysis of the project in the Real World
  • This is due to be worked with (finished) week 6
 My hypothesis for a fragrance will be something that represents a fashion forward individual that wants to embody a feminine scent with vanilla undertones. I will conduct a survey to determine if there is a need for this particular fragrance. I want to determine how my fragrance will do in the real world.

I surveyed ten people using the previous survey in my blog. I found majority chose these answers:


1.) Preference in top note?


a.) Vanilla

b.) Citrus
c.) Floral 
d.) amber musk

2.) Why do you use a fragrance? 


a.)to feel confident
b.)be appealing to others
c.)personal hygiene routine

3.) Who are you buying this fragrance for?
a.)man
b.)woman

4.) How often do you apply fragrance?
a.) once in the morning 
b.) 2x daily 
c.)morning & night 
d.) only night 

5.)Pick another favorite smell
a.)cinnamon
b.)peaches
c.)rosemary
d.)jasmine

6.You prefer a scent reminiscent of:
a.)true love
b.)summer
c.)home
d.)faraway lands

7.) How would you best describe yourself?
a.)confident /wise
b.)sexy / adventurous 
c.)easygoing / fun
d.)sensitive / shy

8.)Type of cuisine you prefer:
a.)modern/fusion
b.)traditional/comfort
c.)fresh/light
d.)exotic/spicy

9.)What age group do you fall into:
a.)18-30
b.)31-40
c.)41-50
d.)51-60


   After reviewing these results I have come to the conclusion that most people are seeking a sweet fragrance with undertones of a vanilla. I have found a need for individuals searching for sweet feminine fragrances. I was interested to find that most people use fragrance purely for the attraction of other individuals. The individuals that I sent this survey to on social media were of a median age of 18-30. I determined that most people only apply fragrance once daily and in the morning. 
   My conclusion after this survey is that I will develop my vanilla scent using these statistics. My fragrance brand  name will be "Sweet Nothing", I have decided to name my product this name due to the sweet notes it will possess, as well as the popularity to be somewhat still contain natural notes in a fragrance. Due to the age demographic of people I interviewed in the survey I will price my product in the affordable price range of $50-$80 for a bottle size of 3 oz. I want the color to represent me as a fashion forward individual and I want the packaging to be somewhat minimalistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment